Titan pocket scopes offer buyers a great combination of performance in a compact package that’s easy to carry around.
They aren’t the most powerful scopes in the world but work extremely well under certain conditions.
Titan Pocket Scope Review
On a basic level, pocket scopes, or monocular scopes, are smaller versions of a telescope. They operate on the same premise.
Telescopes, typically, have much more power than monocular scopes do. They can see images better at far distances.
Most people use pocket scopes, however, for outdoor activities like birding and hunting. They’re also great at a ball game or surveying targets in the field. Some people even use them for stargazing.
What Is the Best Magnification for a Monocular?
Just like any other scope, monocular pocket scopes come in different magnification levels. What you need will depend on your use case.
If you want to see far away objects, you’ll need something stronger. However, if you’re looking for something to see birds better while you’re out hiking, then you don’t want something super powerful.
Pocket scopes usually go from 5x to 10x and even higher magnification. The “x” and the accompanying number indicate how much larger the monocular will make an object than when viewed by the naked eye.
So, if you’re looking at something with an 8x pocket scope, it will look eight times larger than you’d see it without a scope.
Who Makes the Best Monocular?
There are a lot of great pocket scopes on the market in 2019. It’s hard to say which is the best because of personal preference, but there are certainly some that stand out from the crowd. Let’s take a look at a few.
Our Top Picks
Wingspan optics makes an incredibly durable, high-quality titan pocket scope. It’s priced well at $58.50 and is a great value considering how much fun you’ll have using it. The response from the outdoor community has been overwhelmingly positive.
People love how it’s fog proof, waterproof, and offers great brightness. The scope can be put in focus with just one hand, so it’s ideal if you’re holding something else while looking through the scope.
- 12X50 MAGNIFICATION - See things 12X closer and Get Clearer and Brighter range of view with 50mm lens - The most powerful hand held monocular available in the market today, that also provides the most pleasant and clear view.
- DURABLE EXTERNAL ARMOR - Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- WATERPROOF AND FOG PROOF - Prevents moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the monocular - designed to inhibit internal fogging. For any weather and any environment.
- SINGLE HAND FOCUS - Ergonomic design helps you focus on your target quickly and accurately with one hand.
- THE BRIGHTEST AND CLEAREST VIEW OF ANY MONOCULAR ON THE MARKET TODAY - Allows you to get the best view possible for bird watching, watching wildlife or scenery
The Gosky titan pocket scope is another nice choice. One of the best features of this scope, on top of excellent performance, is that it comes with an easy to use smartphone holder. This is an option that nature lovers appreciate tremendously.
It helps them snap quick photographs of birds and other animal life they see with the scope. There’s no fear of missing the shot with the Gosky scope. The 10X50 scope is $57.00, so it’s right there with the other premium pocket scopes on the market.
- 10X50 Magnification - Have the best view in your outdoor adventures. To see 12X closer with a clear and bright image with the generous, light-gathering 50mm objective wide lens. Perfect for Hiking,Hunting,Climbing,Birdwatching, Ball games,Watching Wildlife and Scenery.
- Comes with a Gosky 2018 newest quick alignment smartphone holder. Compatible with Smratphone X, 8plus, 8,7plus, 7,6, 6s, 6plus, 5, 5s, 4s,SE, Samsung GALAXY S8, S6, S6 Edge, S5 , Note, LG, HTV, Sony, and almost all other smartphones on the market.
- Large BAK-4 Prism inside and Fully Multi-coated Lens Coating - Strengthen the key function of a monocular, guarantee superior light transmission and brightness, make your view brighter, clearer and delivers crisp images.
- Solid Framework and shock-absorbing Rubber Armor with Stripes -Its tight fitting protection makes it usable to withstand the toughest weather conditions. And The rubber armor with stripes makes it comfortable for use and keeps it from slipping out from your hand.
- Waterproof, Dust-proof, and Shockproof Design: Nitrogen-filled waterproof and O-ring sealed optics prevent moisture, dust and debris and ensures the living waterproof function.
3.Roxant High Def Mini Monocular Pocket Scope
If you’re looking for something more affordable to have fun with the kids or on a camping trip, then take a look at Roxant’s pocket scope.
The materials on this piece of equipment aren’t as premium as the other two monoculars we’ve reviewed, but for $19.95, it’s tough to beat.
You get a 7X scope that comes with a pouch, strap, and a cleaning cloth. It’s waterproof, so can be used at the beach or in the rain. Stuff it in your pack on a weekend trip without worrying about it taking a beating.
The Best Monocular for Stargazing
Our choice for the best stargazing monocular pocket scope has to be the Wingspan Optics Titan 12X50. Not only do you get high-level magnification, but the clarity and brightness of the picture through the scope is unmatched. The detail you’ll be able to take in the stars will be better than anything else you can carry around in your pocket.
One of the best parts of being outdoors in nature is getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
At night, away from the light pollution, we’re all used to, the sky opens up and the stars come out. If you’re lucky, you’ve been able to catch a glimpse of the milky way. With a high-quality titan pocket scope, you can get an even better look. But which one is the best?
Best Selling Monocular Pocket Scope
- [LIGHTWEIGHT, POWERFUL, COMFORTABLE] Compact, powerful, 10x25, durable, low price, high quality, small enough to fit in a pocket, day pack or purse. Much easier than binoculars
- [FITS IN YOUR POCKET] Much easier than binoculars. Ideal for travel - concerts, outdoor activities, bird watching, hunting, archery, hiking, camping, boating, target shooting, Climbing, water sports, backpacking.
- [DURABLE & WEATHERPROOF] Our Tough Rubber Armor "Snake-Grip" is a No slip textured comfort grip that is very easy to hold steady with one hand. The barrel also features a molded grip which provides virtually no shake. It's easy to focus. Solidly built, for outdoorsman and adventure seekers.
- [SEE IN HIGH DEFINITION] Don't be fooled by copycats. If it doesn't say ROXANT on the side it's not a ROXANT scope. We use optical glass with premium fully multi coated, BAK4 Prism all glass Lens guarantees superior light transmission and brightness for optimal bright, crisp, clear viewing. Seeing is believing.
- [ACCESSORIES INCLUDED + LIFETIME SUPPORT] Special Feature + accessories - Comes with carry pouch with belt loop, cleaning cloth & wrist strap. We also stand behind our product 100% with lifetime support.
- Compact, powerful, 7x 18, durable, low price, high quality, small enough to fit in a pocket or purse
- Premium, high definition optical glass, multi-coated optics which guarantee superior light transmission and brightness for optimal bright, crisp, clear viewing
- Comfort molded grip provides less shake - very easy to hold steady. Comes with carry pouch, cleaning cloth, neck strap.
- Ideal for water sports, outdoor activities, bird watching, climbing, hunting, archery, hiking, camping, travel, boating and backpacking
- IDEAL For Visually Impaired or Senior Citizens, Warehouse Workers: Watch TV, Read Street Signs, Identify Carton Numbers etc.
- Multi-coated FMC Green Film: Our telescope eyepiece is made of all-optical glass lens. And the eyepiece of the monocular is also plated with multi-coated FMC green film, which has the qualities of good light transmittance and no color difference, making the image bright and clear.
- Adjustable Focus Wheel: With the design of anti-skid concave and convex grooves, you can just rotate the focus wheel of our binoculars for adults to adjust the definition to achieve focus. The operation of our reflector telescope eyepiece for astronomy is very convenient.
- Powerful 10x25 Magnification: 10x25 means the magnification of the night vision goggles is 10x and the objective lens diameter is 18mm, which provides a wide field of view at 315ft/1000yds, and leads you to get a wider view of scenery, and shorten the distance between you and the observed object.
- BAK4 Prism: The BAK4 of our spotting scope has a higher refractive index than BAK7, which can effectively avoid dark corners, and allow more light transmission and gets more brightness. BAK4 prism is widely used in binoculars for bird watching.
- Easy Operation and Durability: Our telescope for kids is made with simple and easy operation procedure for daily use so that it can be used by almost anyone, without worrying about whether you can operate it correctly. And with the super material, the monocular telescope can be used for a long time definitely.
You Can’t Go Wrong with Premium
If you’ve got a little extra cash, opt for the higher end titan pocket scopes. Using them will be more fun because the picture is clear, focus happens faster, and they’re more durable.
With lower-quality scopes, you may end up having to buy more replacements, so in the end, it’s not a money-saver. Buy a product you can have fun using outdoors for years.