We’ve been getting a lot of questions lately about which bipods are the best for Savage Axis owners.
After hours of research, we decided on the 4 best bipods for savage axis rifle (under $50).
History of Rifle Bipods
You probably saw your first bipod on tv or in a movie somewhere.
They look awesome and are a great tactical upgrade for a lot of rifles. A bipod can be a critical accessory for your firearm depending on how you’re using it.
Bipods are generally easy to use and install. They’re great at improving stability, so you can shoot more accurately and quickly down sights or through a scope.
It’s a ton of fun to use on the range or a hunt outdoors, particularly if you’re shooting from a ledge or somewhere without a bench rest.
Here we breakdown what you should look for and give you a few great bipod options.
The Savage Axis Rifle
The Savage Axis has been around for years and is a popular bargain rifle that shooters love. It’s a 110-bolt action rifle designed for new hunters with less experience outdoors. Many seasoned hunters also buy this rifle as an affordable backup in case something goes wrong with their primary weapon.
If you’re new to hunting or rifle shooting, the Savage Axis is a great option for folks who don’t want to spend over $1,000 on a rifle.
Sure, you’re not getting the best trigger, scope, or magazine build quality, but for less than $400, the Savage Axis offers a great package. It’s ideal for someone going on their first hunt or new to the shooting game.
What a Bipod For Savage Axis Rifle Needs?
You want something that’s going to help you shoot accurately on uneven surfaces. When you’re hunting, it’s hard to plan for a perfect shot. We need to be able to adapt to the conditions we’re in.
A good bipod will be able to handle the recoil of the rifle you’re shooting. Savage Axis bipods need to be able to withstand the repeated pressure from recoil while maintaining a secure position.
Best Selling Axis Rifle Bipods
- With return springs and leg release button, the leg length can be adjusted from 6 inches (152mm)to 9 inches(225mm).
- Made of hardened steel and aluminum, non-rust black anodized finish, the rifle bipod is duty and light weight.
- Adjustable leg length: 5 settings for different length, the bipod is ready to meet your needs.
- Quickly attach to or detach from the rifle using existing swivel stud.
- Foldable arms with spring tension control. Come with the mount adapter.
- Adjustable leg length (5 settings) with return Springs, you could adjust the length to meet different needs when hunting.
- The bipod comes with a 20 mm quick release adapter, which enables you to install and disassemble it conveniently and quickly.
- Made of hardened steel and aluminum, non-rust black anodized finish, the bipod is duty and light weight.
- High quality rubber on the bottom of the leg makes the bipods shockproof and antiskid.
- Foldable arms with robust external spring tension control.
- Made of lightweight Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum and Injection-molded polymer; aesthetically pleasing, low-profile design conceals its mechanisms and hardware, smoothly brushing off Snags and bumps
- Optimized for rapid one-handed adjustments; quickly and quietly transitions between countless user configurations
- Easily loaded with stabilizing forward tension without fear of failure or warping; at just over 11 oz. , The Mogul bipod is lighter than many pricier bipods currently on the market
- Spring-tension legs stow neatly forward and snap down and lock into place with one hand; leg extensions slide and lock securely with the push of a button on any of the seven half-inch spaced locking detents
- An industry-exclusive 50° of total tilt and 40° of total pan are Controlled by a glove-friendly knurled tool-less bipod locking knob located between the extended legs, allowing easy adjustment between shots
- DIMENSIONS: 6"-9" height and weighs 12 oz
- ACCURACY: Notches are located on the legs for quick and easy indexing as well as an 18 degree bi-directional cant
- EASE OF USE: Legs fold up for easy transport and will instantly spring out with the push of a button and the bipod mounts quickly on the forend sling stud
- CONVENIENT: Lightweight, quick-deployment aluminum legs and slim profile for movement heavy or prone shooting
- SECURE: Soft rubber feet for enhanced stability and a non-marring padded base for forend protection
- Lighter, stronger-Carbon fiber is "soft outside and strong inside", the weight is lighter than metal aluminum, but the strength is higher than steel.
- High &low temperature resistance,corrosion&fatigue resistance-Carbon fiber bipod can be used to any environment, it can hold the rifle more stably and shoot more accurately.
- Better hand feeling-The surface of the carbon fiber bipod is more slippery, the pattern looks more stylish. It feels better and experiences better, brings you unprecedented ease.
- Easy installation-It comes with picatinny adapter and hex wrench, easy to install
- Adjustable leg length, return sprping- Adjustable leg length (5 settings) with return springs, you could adjust the length to meet different needs when hunting.
Best Savage Axis Bipods Under $50
We’ve done the research, are here are some of the best bipods you can buy for less than $50. With these affordable accessories for your Savage Axis, you can step up your shooting game and a whole new dimension of fun when you’re out hunting.
|CVLife Rifle Bipod||6-9”||13.9 oz||See bellow||Quick release springs|
|ARMSTAC Tac Bipod OP-I||9-11”||10.6 oz||See bellow||Position-lock legs|
|Leapers UTG Tactical OP-1||7.9-12.7”||13.3 oz||See bellow||Dual-mount design|
|Vanguard Scout B62||22-62”||17.6 oz||See bellow||360-degree swivel|
Our Top Picks
1.CVLIFE Rifle Bipod – Easy to Use with Quick Release Adapter
The CVLife 6-9-inch bipod is a perfect starter accessory for Savage Axis owners. It comes in at only $16.99, so it’s very affordable.
It’s great for kids or hunting beginners who don’t want to spend a ton of money on their first few times out. The legs are adjustable with five different length settings, and it has a quick-release adapter for when you need to be on the move or adjust in a hurry.
2.ARMSTAC Tactical Bipod OP-I – Durable Aluminum Build for Better Accuracy
If you’re looking for a discreet, cool-looking bipod for your Savage Axis, then consider the ARMSTAC Tac bipod.
Its basic design has two adjustable legs with position locks and rubber feed stands that will hold position well. It fits Picatinny rails as well. It’s only eight ounces, so you’ll barely notice it while it’s on your rifle.
- Strong & Durable aluminum construction with light weight fits Picatinny rail
- Extendable Spring Powered Legs with Comfortable Rubber Feet Stands
3.Leapers UTG Tac OP-1 – Bipod with Options Hunters Love
The Leapers bipod has spring-action legs and swivel stud mounts that make it fun to use and can mount on the Savage Axis with ease.
There’s a quick retraction button built into the bipod for when you need to move fast. The stands have rubber feet, so they’re stable as well.
- High-tech durable aluminum construction and steel top platform
- Clever dual mounting - Picatinny Mount and swivel stud mount
4.Vanguard Scout B62 – Large Bipod Stand with 360-Degree Swivel
The vanguard is a bit of a departure from some of the standard compact bipods we’ve discussed. This bipod can extend much higher, so it’s perfect for sitting or standing shooting.
At the top of the bipod, there’s a v-shaped yoke where the Savage Axis can rest that swivels in a full circle for maximum movability. There are cushioned hand grips and quick-release leg clips that make it easy to deploy.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy gun pod features rubber V shaped yoke
- V-shaped yoke swivels 360 degrees allowing shots from any angle