Whether you’re shooting for practice or it’s part of your job, using the best shooting gloves can help.
While you could go out and purchase any type of glove you like, they don’t provide the same protection or provide an enhanced grip.
This can be a massive issue if you’re trying to improve your aim.
Because of this, we highly recommend investing in the best shooting gloves.
There are so many options on the market that we know it can get overwhelming.
That’s why we’ve decided to research for you and provide the best shooting gloves for 2020. So, without further hesitation, let’s get into the review.
Should you wear gloves when shooting?
Shooting gloves have mainly three purposes; to protect your hands from lead exposure, enhance your grip, and prevent blisters.
Shooting outdoors means that your hands are also susceptible to the cold. By wearing high-quality shooting gloves, you can keep your hands warm and protected.
Shooting Gloves Fitting Guide
Shooting gloves have a standard for sizing, which can help you find the correct fit. Generally, you’ll need a measuring tape or ruler to help take measurements.
You’ll want to hold the measuring tape right below your pinky finger and hold it horizontally across your hand.
The diameter here is what determines the size. Use the sizing chart below to help find your glove size.
|10.0-11.0||25.4-28||Extra Extra Large|
** Although, please be aware that each company may vary in their sizing. It’s always a good idea to always check the brand’s sizing charts/guides.
10 Best Shooting Gloves
Our Top Picks
- 1 1. PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) – Best Pistol Shooting Gloves
- 2 2. Glove Station The Combat Military – Best Padded Shooting Gloves
- 3 3.OZERO Mens Winter Thermal Gloves – Best Shooting Gloves for Cold Weather
- 4 4. DecoyPro Touch Screen Lightweight – Best Shooting Gloves for Hunting
- 5 5.SPIKA Camouflage Hunting – Best Half Finger Shooting Gloves
- 6 6.Mechanix Wear M-Pact Coyote Tactical – Best Shooting Gloves for Heavy Recoil Pistols
- 7 7.Ironclad EXOT-IODG-04-L Tactical Operator – Best Tactical Shooting Gloves
- 8 8. HAWK XR Tactical Gloves – Ideal Women’s Shooting Gloves
- 9 9. Mechanix Speciality 0.5mm Coyote Gloves – Best Mechanix Shooting Gloves
- 10 10.LA Police Gear Core Shooting – Thin Shooting Gloves
- 11 Buyer’s Guide: What to Look For
- 12 What To Look For When Buying Shooting Gloves?
- 13 How Tight should shooting gloves be?
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions
1. PIG Full Dexterity Tactical (FDT) – Best Pistol Shooting Gloves
The PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Delta Utility Gloves come in multiple sizes and provide enhanced dexterity.
If you’re looking to shoot pistols, then we believe that this pair of gloves would be best.
The material is very thin and feels similar to shooting with your hands. Plus, the very tips of the gloves are smartphone compatible.
Aside from that, they are comfortable and waterproof. If you’re shooting outdoors, we think this is highly beneficial, as you won’t lose your grip while aiming. Plus, the additional knuckle padding helps prevent any injuries.
- The material is very thin compared to others on the market.
- Features lightweight and easy to use design.
- Less bulk and provides enhanced dexterity.
- The exterior is waterproof and keeps hands dry.
- It allows you to have a full range of motion.
- The sizing runs a bit on the small side.
2. Glove Station The Combat Military – Best Padded Shooting Gloves
If you’re shooting with a powerful gun, you may want padded gloves to help with the recoil.
The Glove Station brand produces many fantastic padded glove styles, but The Combat features many qualities that you’d praise.
We love that this version includes enhanced durability due to the double stitching and knuckle modeling.
Aside from that, the gloves are crafted using PU leather, which is exceptionally durable.
The fingertips also are touch screen compatible. The padded mesh and rubber aero vents provide a way for air to disperse and keep your hands from getting sweaty. Overall, these gloves are perfect for heavy-duty shooting.
- Includes enhanced knuckle protection.
- Max durability and reinforced to last.
- Good ventilation.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Can become uncomfortable after extended use.
3.OZERO Mens Winter Thermal Gloves – Best Shooting Gloves for Cold Weather
The OZERO is a weatherproof shooting glove that protects against wind and water. If you’re looking for an all-around glove that can do anything from texting to providing cushioning, then this is your best bet.
The OZERO also includes high-quality TPU fabric that is highly water-resistant and prevents sweating.
Inside the glove, there are silica gel particles that help provide a stable grip. Plus, the elastic cuff keeps the gloves on your hand comfortably.
Aside from that, the gloves come in multiple sizes that range from small to extra extra large.
- Stylish design for men.
- Includes sensitive touch screen fingertip pads.
- Water and wind-resistant exterior.
- It provides silica gel particles for enhanced grip.
- Excellent fit that won’t fall off your hands.
- Only suitable for mildly cold weather, not below zero.
4. DecoyPro Touch Screen Lightweight – Best Shooting Gloves for Hunting
If you’re looking for gloves for hunting, then the DecoyPro brand will provide you with many options.
These lightweight gloves tend to be perfect for hunting outdoors as they offer you with light protection and enhanced grip.
They come in a wonderful camo design and can be used for a wide range of outdoor activities. With touch screen fingertips, you can also use your smartphone or smart device without any issues.
Other than that, the gloves provide enhanced grip in the palms and fingers, which enables you to have a steadier aim.
Lastly, the lining is soft and is comfortable enough to wear for extended periods.
- It can be used with smart devices.
- One size fits all.
- Enhanced grip and dexterity.
- Comfortable to wear for extended hunting trips.
- Affordable price and matching camo design.
- May need to press multiple times to get the touchscreen to work.
5.SPIKA Camouflage Hunting – Best Half Finger Shooting Gloves
The SPIKA gloves are useful in various weather conditions and can help enhance your dexterity outdoors.
With velcro adjustable wrist straps, you can ensure that these won’t fall off or slip during any crucial moments.
The camo design is also suitable for blending in with the surrounding environment.
Aside from that, these gloves have no cover on your fingers to help give you a full range of motion.
This is good for handling firearms, bows, or even touchscreen devices. However, the palm has textured padding, which ensures that anything you’re gripping won’t fall out.
- It allows you to use the full range of motion.
- Textured grip for enhanced dexterity.
- The camo design is perfect for hunting and outdoors.
- Waterproof and windproof.
- Adjustable wrist straps ensure they will stay in place.
- Sizing runs smaller than expected.
6.Mechanix Wear M-Pact Coyote Tactical – Best Shooting Gloves for Heavy Recoil Pistols
Some pistols tend to produce heavy recoils that can end up injuring your hand. If you want to avoid blisters, then we highly recommend the Mechanix Wear gloves.
They are military-grade shooting gloves that are designed for outdoor use and combat.
The gloves include a TPR wrist closure and TrekDry technology to keep the gloves comfortable and breathable.
Aside from that, the enhanced dexterity on the palm provides durability and movement.
Lastly, these gloves include padded impact guards on the knuckles and palm, and this prevents abrasions and injuries.
- Comfortable enough to wear for extended periods.
- Weatherproof design.
- It enhances dexterity and doesn’t hinder the range of movement.
- Full coverage protection and extra padding to prevent injuries.
- Some have noted a heavy chemical smell that needs to be aired out before use.
7.Ironclad EXOT-IODG-04-L Tactical Operator – Best Tactical Shooting Gloves
The Ironclad brand produces a wide range of tactical shooting gloves that are sure to meet your expectations.
First, these gloves include extra padding and TPR impact protection to prevent any injuries. Secondly, they include vibration-reducing reinforced palms.
Aside from those benefits, they also do well at adjusting through the use of a loop and hook closure.
Ironclad also provides proper air ventilation and comes in a wide variety of sizes. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with these gloves for tactical use.
- It provides a full range of motion.
- Extra protection from high impact materials.
- Multiple sizing options are great for men and women.
- It provides good ventilation and prevents sweating.
- Size runs a little small, so size up.
8. HAWK XR Tactical Gloves – Ideal Women’s Shooting Gloves
We’ve found that the HAWK XR brand produces gloves that are perfect for men and women.
This particular model is unisex but is highly praised by women for its perfect fit. The gloves include touch screen capabilities and heavy-duty construction.
Using these gloves outdoors enables you to have both protection and is perfect for a wide range of outdoor activities.
These include cycling, shooting, and even hunting. However, you will need to double-check the sizing due to the unisex fit.
- It comes with touch screen compatibility.
- Uses heavy-duty padding and knuckle plates to reduce injury.
- Perfect for multiple outdoor activities.
- Comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- Not suitable for cold weather.
9. Mechanix Speciality 0.5mm Coyote Gloves – Best Mechanix Shooting Gloves
This specialty version is suitable for improving your flex joints. It provides moderate protection due to the low profile TPR material and TrekDry technology.
However, the entire glove has also been double stitched to help prevent rips and tears.
Aside from that, the Mechanix fits ergonomically and improves your dexterity. You’ll be able to expand your joints and have full control over the trigger of the gun.
Other features that people tend to enjoy are the luxurious feel and securing nylon carrier loops. Plus, they have been made to be machine washable.
- Lightweight and breathable design.
- Ergonomic fit and feel.
- It provides you a full range of motion.
- Improves trigger finger mobility.
- Machine washable.
- Not water or weatherproof.
10.LA Police Gear Core Shooting – Thin Shooting Gloves
If you’re looking for thin gloves, then you can’t go wrong with the LA Police Gear Core Shooting Gloves (aka patrol shooting gloves).
They feature a super-thin design, which improves dexterity and does not limit movement. On the palm of the gloves is extra textured material to help improve weapon control.
Aside from that, the gloves also have touchscreen control compatibility. Plus, it also contained hook and loop closures to ensure the gloves stay on.
Overall, we see these being highly beneficial for anyone looking to improve their aim or find them in a quick draw situation.
- Improves and enhances grip.
- It enables you to use touchscreen devices.
- Adjustable hook closure.
- It provides you a full range of motion.
- Runs on the small size, so size up.
- Not suitable for cold weather.
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look For
It’s important to be aware of buying considerations because shooting gloves are built for different situations.
While you could just go out and grab whichever you want, it may not be suitable for your situation.
What To Look For When Buying Shooting Gloves?
Here are a few examples of the factors you should consider when looking for shooting gloves;
It’s important to consider the material type of the glove. This is because material plays a big role in how comfortable and versatile the gloves are.
Shooting gloves with textured fabric tends to be the best. Look for gloves that have at minimum texture over the fingers and palms.
The problem with most gloves is that either they have elastic that digs into your skin or they are too loose and fall off.
Finding an adjustable closure can help prevent chafing on your wrists and is comfortable to use. Ideally, you should look for adjustable closures that are padded and use velcro.
If you’re wearing the gloves for extended periods, your hands can get sweaty.
Look for gloves that have some types of mesh lining or increased ventilation. This will help you feel comfortable and prevent sweat.
Padding and guards help protect your hands. Try finding ones that are reinforced and use durable materials. This can help protect you from recoil and injuries.
Consider the type of weather you’re going to be in. If your gloves aren’t suitable for snow, then you may be too cold.
This also works vise versa. Always check to see if the gloves are weatherproof.
How Tight should shooting gloves be?
The glove needs to be well fitted and ensure that you have full control over the gun. As for fit, the gloves should provide you a full range of motion but not slip or move around.
An excellent way to determine this is to try gloves on and see if you can shake and move your hands without the gloves coming off.
They shouldn’t move around at all, but shouldn’t restrict any of your movements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s what we’ve found based on user questions and reviews;
What Gloves Do Police Use?
Police officers tend to use gloves that are tactical and provide extra dexterity and protection.
If you’re looking for brands that cater to police officers, we’d say that Ironclad, RAPDOM, and Magpul brands are an excellent place to start.
Other policemen swear by Hatch, Mechanix, or HWI Gear.
What Gloves Do The Military Use?
Military gloves have more protection, such as extra padding and reinforced knuckles.
Some major brands include Glove Station, HIKEMAN, and PIG. Other favorites of military experts are Mechanix, FREETOO, and Ironclad.
High Quality is Always Worth It
When it comes to shooting gloves, it’s best to get high-quality gloves that can keep up with outdoor activities.
Carefully consider our buying guide section, as it will help you pick out gloves that are suitable for your lifestyle.
Overall, we believe that these are the best shooting gloves for 2020.